Saturday, January 01, 2005

Daisypath Ticker

A New Beginning

We welcomed 2005 with sombre mood. We were hit with the Tsunami disaster news striking Indonesia, Thailand, Sri Lanka and India. Many people perished, missing and uncontactable. Those perished reached 150,000. Some Singaporeans were affected too as December was the time for holiday. I was back from Krabi 2 days earlier from the Tsunami disaster. I was glad, shocked and grateful to God that He have me a chance to live.

However, watching the news on TV was really heart wrenching. Tears wun stop rolling down everytime I watch the pictures and videos of the disaster. How I wished I can be there to provide aid for those who needed it. But all I am able to do is just provide some amount of financial aid as well as pray for the safety return of those stranded there, pray for those missing to be found and pray so that those who perished will rest in peace.

For the living, life still goes on. However, we will be grateful for every breath we take and realised how little we still are as human beings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home