Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Daisypath Ticker

My Name

Today was my Malat Lit presentation. Had to present about Sastera Undang-undang & Ketatanegaraan. Actually had to rush through as there was no time. After Malay Lit, we had to attend to our PED581 class...the philosophical one, which I really dislike. Always feel sleep when I am in that class. The lecturer said many wrong things about certain stuff, she always like to think that she knows everything. I hate it!! First, she talked about ketupat and lepat. She informed the others about how the Malays used the existing ketupat and create something new recently, which is lepat. She's wrong. Lepat has existed for so long. Tried correcting her but I dun see the point as she always like to be right. There were many more things that she said that offended me n my frens but we just remained quiet as we just couldn't be bothered. Every Wednesday, 12.30pm is always the best time...as we are free of her!!

Today we have practicum briefing. I am actually nervous about this practicum thingy. I just hope that things will turn out right. Hope we will get into schools that are suitable for us. We will only get to know our school posting on the 14th Feb. Hope it will be a good Vday present.

Cikgu Aidil's class today was about descriptive/argumentative writing. We had been doing narrative writing for past few weeks. It was really fun as I can finally start writing stories again after sooooo long. Today our task was to write a commentary about our name. It was really fun. After writing we all had to share our commentary writing with the others. Had good laugh and learn new stuff. We actually get to know each other better too. Luv his class. Full of laughter. He loves to tell us stories.

For my commentary, I wrote about my name. My name is Isnani Norasiken. Supposed to be pronounced as Isnani Norashikin. However, my father mispelt my name and it got stuck with me till now. I have many people asking me why it's written this way and I have to explain everytime. I also have to face the problem of people mispronunciating my name. Some examples are Isnani Nora"siken"(very common as they would follow the Malay pronunciation), Nora"chicken" (my frens would tease me with this) and Nora"sikat"(teachers who just dun have the ability to pronounce my name at all). It is quite frustrating but I choose to see it as being unique. Rather than being called Isabella (my mum 1st choice for my name, after the song Isabella by Search), I for sure know frens would start teasing me too. Well, what's impt is that my dearie can pronounce my name right during the akad nikah. U better!!!!

Quote of the day: "Don't poo-poo me" (Ai Yen)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home