My first check up with Dr Cordelia
Sunday, 22 April 2007, 9am...me and hubby were waiting for Dr Cordelia at Raffles Women's Clinic. When we saw her, we were quite afraid. We thought she is the fierce type because she looked fierce. After taking my weight and blood pressure, me and hubby went in to her room.
She spoke to me in Malay..asked me how I am. I just said that I am tired (all preggy ladies do) and I suffer from cramping due to constipation. She got me comfortable right away by nagging at me about why is it important to drink lots of water and eat lots of fruits. She said if I do not take care of my constipation now, it will get worse later. Ok...I got it.
She then scan my tummy to see my little baby. Ok...my baby is super tiny that it couldn't be detected by the scan machine. So she had to go down there to get a better look. Hahaha...the baby is still too small to be seen. So she estimated that my baby is only about 3-4 weeks old. Still too early. So she asked me to come back in 3 weeks time.
She then asked whether I have any enquires. I asked her about me dancing for my upcoming concert on the 27th, Fri. She gave me a straight NO. I tried to reason saying that I only dance 1 item, not so energetic...yet she said NO. Coz she asked..."Got squatting?" I nodded. "Got turning around and bending?" I nodded. "NO!" She replied again. The she explained to me why. She said, I may think that I can handle it during practices but on the real day...with costumes and head gears, it may be nasty. She explained that pregnant woman have low blood pressure so slight turns or hot climate can worsen the situation. She asked again..."Do you feel dizzy sometimes when you turn?" I reluctantly nodded again.
Ok I got it...NO!! But I finally saw the picture that wasn't there in my mind initially. I know how hot it can be in the costumes and with head gears. Even those ladies who are not pregnant can faint...what else in my condition.
So with a heavy heart, I smsed the 4 main people in ERA. I did feel slightly guilty as I told them at the last minute (I should have told them 2 weeks back when I found out I was pregnant..but this stubborn me just refuse to give up). But, our very nice Ain replied and asked me not to worry about it. That sms really helped me feel better. To know that someone understand and is nice about it.
I offered to help them in other ways...maybe be at front counter give tickets or sell last minute tix. Since hubby also is involved in doing the installation art with some of them, I can help out in something.
So, in conclusion...mummy can't dance. Mummy have to eat lots of fruits and drink lots of water. Mummy have to religiously take her folic acid to ensure baby is healthy. Mummy needs to take care of herself. And all these mummy will do for her darling baby. 
















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home