Thursday, August 16, 2007

Daisypath Ticker

Too busy already

It has been a long time since I updated my blog. Only got time to upload photos and those are also overdue. I have been very very busy. Chasing time as end of year exam is coming. This week is CA2 project work presentation. Next week is Oral Examination for Sec1-3. This week is also busy with drums as we are performing this coming Saturday at Taman Jurong CC for their National Day Celebration.

Lately I have been feeling really down. Long nights have caused me to get ill. Sore throat, cough, flu, headache, muscle ache...I suffer it all. But I cant afford to get an MC coz of the busy busy weeks ahead.

Den I got to find out that I will be down for N level marking some more. Worse...its during curriculum hours! How am I going to teach my classes then?!! I know I was informed in the beginning of the year that I will be down for End Of Year marking...not during sch time. Sigh....I hate this. Worse still, there's only 2.5 ML teachers in sch. I carried the most workload actually. And if I am gone...who is going to replace me?

I am especially worried for my 1N as they are super weak as I believed they have not adapt to the new exam format in sec sch. Sigh. Now I have to find relief then. Well, if I dun meet target this year...dun blame me! We have requested for an extra teacher for quite some time but they said over quota. What the heck...they compare percentage..of coz lah. Some schools have same number of ML students as us...and they have 3 or 4 or 5 ML teachers. Some schools got 7! And we have 2.5...so pathetic! Actually...it's more to 2.3...u guess why.

All these unnecessary stuff is really bringing my mood down. This year...I feel like quitting. Maybe join another organisation altogether coz I feel that teaching is not like last time anymore. Now...it has become like a corporate organisation....no more abt students...more abt getting ranking and promotion and of coz $$$$$$. So teachers who teach with their hearts...get more burnt out than others. Nowadays, even higher management are focusing on different things. Sigh.

I still have 1 year more of bond to go. Maybe after that...I will teach at a private sch or go back to my initial passion..dealing with animals...science....or..if I am forgiving...I may transfer to a primary school where the students are more enthusiastic..which is more suitable for my kind of teaching as I love to implement lots of creative stuff.

Sigh.......lets just wait n see.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home