Teachers' Day Celebration

ZHSS had its Teachers' Day celebration today. There's 3 periods of lesson before that but I only got 1...hehehehe. Had 1 period with 2N. Had my 1st present too....from my 2N student. I was quite shocked as I dun expect anything from any of my students. But nevertheless, I thanked him.
The concert was superb. Most items were performed by the graduating classes. Ma boys performed too...and I was super proud of them. I was sitting right in front coz I was taking pictures and for a moment...I felt like one of the teenage gerls going goo-goo-gaa-gaa over the boys...khakhakahakh. Me and my imagination. There was a cake cutting ceremony when all the teachers were required to go up the stage. I didn't take part coz I was busy taking photos.
After that, had class party in the canteen. Every class was a given a table each in the canteen for the party. My co-form class, 1T1, oso gave me presents...even though I seldom see them...and dun even know their names. So sweet of them
But the most shocking of all was a gift and a card from a gerl in my 3N class. She was the one who was rude to me weeks back. I was touched by that.
Waited for my ex students to come over before I pack up and go home as we are having Teachers' Day Dinner later.
Upon reaching home, I read the cards that i received from my students. So sweet of them. The one from that gerl brought me to tears. She wrote that she was sorry for what she had done and that she promised not to do it again. I was really moved by her gesture.
I guess that's what makes teaching worthwhile...NO...not the presents n cards....but the fact that your students do appreciate you even though they can be a pain in the neck at times. She really made my day. Coz lately...I have been feeling kinda down. Been asking myself why I am in this line.....I guess now I know why.
HAPPY TEACHERS' DAY!!
















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home